ACADEMIC YEAR AND ENROLMENT
– The Academic Year 2022/2023 starts on 1st October 2022 and ends in June 2023, upon completion of the scheduled classes.
– It is possible to enroll for courses at the International Music School at any time, as long as the teacher is available.
– It is possible to request a free trial lesson of 30 minutes, subject to teacher availability.
– In order to attend the music courses and activities of the International Music School, it is necessary to be a member of the association. At the time of enrolment, you will be asked to fill in the appropriate form and pay a contribution of €30.00, which includes the membership card for the current academic year and access to the school’s facilities and services.
– For the academic year 2022/23 the school holidays established by the municipality of Trieste will be respected, with possible exceptions to guarantee the number of lessons of the chosen course.
LESSONS AND TEACHING ACTIVITIES
– The annual course comprises a total of 30 instrument lessons per week plus 2 recitals, to be held during the academic year.
– Lessons may last 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
– In case of a student’s justified absence, a maximum of 2 make-ups per year are provided. Notice of absence must be given at least one day before the lesson. Lessons that cannot be made up due to lack of notice or late notice will not be refunded. Lessons missed due to the teacher’s absence will always be made up. Students’ absences from group lessons will not be made up unless otherwise specified by the teacher.
– There is the possibility of loaning instruments on payment of a small monthly supplementary fee.
– The music academy will follow all applicable health regulations with particular attention to the cleanliness and sanitation of the premises and instruments
– People presenting flu-like symptoms and/or a body temperature of 37.5 degrees or higher, or who have come into contact with people who have tested positive for Covid-19 within the previous 14 days are not permitted to enter the facility.
– The school is committed to conducting all activities in attendance. Should it not be possible to carry out the lessons in person, online teaching and/or rescheduling of the course of study will be possible.
The following individual* courses are available:
- Opera singing
- Modern singing
- Vocal propaedeutics
And the following group courses:
- Musical propaedeutics (1-3 year-old, 3-5 year-old, 6-7 year-old)
- Theory, rhythm and musical perception
- Ensemble music with improvisation
New courses may be activated on request.